Saturday, February 12, 2005

The trick is this:

"Focus"

But like all cameras of yore where we do it manually, we have relegated it to machines for autofocus. It's not too bad, they do pretty good jobs of it too. Unfortunately, we lose the ability to focus, and worse when we want to focus we let the machine handle it, and we don't even think about it. The process is lost to us skill-wise as well as cognitionwise.

Sucks to be us? Well maybe. I think it is nice to do it the manual way. Machines are kewl, but I like my hand on the steering wheel. I like to be alittle blurry somedays, and other days to get it really sharp. Some days I like to pan out, and other days just zooming into the little details.

The problem is, who remembers how to manual focus anyways?
I remember some, but I am learning from people who have forgotten how to fully focus as well.
so I get bits and bits of little truicks but not the whole picture.

But Focus you see, is just a trick.
It's the living that comes after, it's that capturing of that moment to get it just right, that really matters.

Focus is just the first step--

but it's a step we have yet to learn.

In the meantime, we keep taking all these god fucgly fotos, and we have to live with 'em, because my friends, we only get a roll in this lifetime, and we dunno if it is a 12, 24 or 36 exposures.

Luck of the draw, so focus for the shots ok?
Cuz we dunno when it'll end.

Oh yeah:
remember to take off the lens-cap too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home