Thursday, February 18, 2010

A few years ago, I wrote on this blog regarding this song that I liked alot.
It is by Bergman, and it is called "Enigmas in your hand".

I liked the title and the inherent themes meditated upon:
can enigmas, these abstract, nebulous, strange, puzzling and mysterious 'things' fit into a hand?
(and what does it mean when we call a thing a thing? what is the inherent "thing"ness of it all? is tactile properties a requisite value to fit the definition, if so, what about love, kindness, horror and death, they are intangible, and yet they are very real 'things'...hmmm)

It seems in a way analogous with another of my favourite riddle;
"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?",
but Bergman's more of a humanist spin.

A recent reader of my blog commented why I am so mean and cruel to the belief of God,
and I think she may have mis-read the whole thing.

I don't.

I am against people who profane the idea of God with politics, elitism, exclusions, exceptions and outright intolerances.

God to me is kinda a "summa cum espiritu", it is not an old guy with longwhite beard on a throne. I leave that to Zeus, Wotan and other skyfather archetype gods ( to which i ask you sincere Christians to do a double-check and see if the early church fathers may have phucked you over by putting a fake puppet on the throne... aren't you worshiping a pagan god in disguise? GASP! lolz).

God to me is all thing at once, it (yup, not, he, she or whatever) is also those emotions and feelings and thoughts and the dynamic, it is the symmetry and the thing itself, it is its memory and the memory of it, it is its sounds, its texture, its flaws, its cracks and every emotion and feeling it elicits from experiencers, and yes, the experiencers themselves too. it is also the minute and the times ticking in that instant where the experience and phenomenon occurs.

god is not a thing, god is so variegated and diversified and working in on itself with tandem in the partitioned intelligence that formed the consciousness of all life, that it understands a far grander symmetry than we, a mere small partition of that cosmic intelligence or consciousness cannot hope to grasp. so, HOW DARE WE TRY TO SAY OR DEFINE GOD?!

So, as an after-thought, me trying to describe God here in such a diluted manner, is technically an imposition. However, I am merely making a metaphorical suggestion, something not even as an idea or a supposition, or a theory, or a hypothesis, it's just a shallow thought, a whimsy. a glimpse of a shadow of a reflection of a symbol of a diluted summary of a description of god, IF god can be described in the first place. geddit?

morality and ethics tho'...ahhh, now that is the hobby-horse of humans, rocking vigorously on it, back and fro, but going nowhere essentially -- we can muck in its mire and sling the shite around with sheer abandon, because i don't see God sinking so low. there maybe, at one time, biological, viral and hygenic reasons to dictate the way we operate and behave to ensure the species survive, but reaaaallly, it needs some updating, unless i throw Leviticus at you, and you throw deuteronomy back at me, like an immature snowball fight.

So, if you hear me bitch about the Church, then know that it is just me poking fun and holes in them, but on the (w)hole, I am cool with God, just not so with people who take the proverbial basket of LEGO blocks that is God and greedily make inappropriate shapes with them, and then hog it, and not let the other children play with it, and most sacrilegiously, freeze god in just one form, while we know (simple: we read the instructions on the LEGO box) that God is in the permutations.

but like all lovely things, God is also about inclusiveness, so it means, arses like elitists and exclusive mother-loving sons of female chihuauas also have a role in the spectrum of God.

Hey, after all, without the Bullies, what are the rest of us whimpy kids gonna complain about? These Bullies serve the function of unconventional teachers; by their examples, we see the definition of what being an Ass would be like, so we conscientiously avoid those social behaviours and protocols, yeah?

simple.

God is Elegant.

Oh yeah,

I forgot, the whole friggin point of this post: the Bergman video.

You see, I am currently still buzzing with the existential High of it all:
the song that i have mentioned to you years ago is now available on Youtube,
and it is a strange feeling, because i am consciously awaiting for a Bergman video to appear for so long, thinking about it, even as I heard the song,
and now, such a video has come into existence.

In a way I superceded the process, and have been waiting for technology and reality to finally catch-up; but at the same time, I am conscious of the fact this song "brings me back" in a nostalgic fashion of sorts, so here I am standing at this threshold that pulls me in the future and also pulls me back in time.

I love it.
It's only as a human that I can feel this kaleidoscopic.

anways, enough of me bullshitting on my soap-box, i have to go grab a spade to shovel crap off it now, before i can stand on it again, lol.

enjoy the video <-- this is the link to youtube.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home